Keanu Reeves says Constantine 2 is finally ready to go forward

Date:

Share:



Twenty years ago this month, Keanu Reeves headlined Constantine, a theatrical adaptation of DC’s Hellblazer comic about an occult investigator named John Constantine. Despite previous reports that a sequel was in the works, Constantine 2 has failed to escape Hollywood’s development Hell. But according to Reeves, the sequel may finally be ready to go forward.

“We’ve been trying to make this film for over a decade,’ Reeves told Inverse. “We just recently put a story together and pitched it to DC Studios and they said, ‘OK.’ So, we’re going to try and write a script.”

Back in September 2022, Deadline reported that Constantine 2 was in the works with Reeves returning alongside Constantine director Francis Lawrence and screenwriter Akiva Goldsman, who produced the original film. The movie made several changes to the source material to accommodate the casting of Reeves, including changing his nationality from British to American and giving him dark hair instead of blond.


Please enable Javascript to view this content

The first film’s story revolved around Constantine’s attempt to help Detective Angela Dodson (Rachel Weisz) discover why her twin sister committed suicide. In the process, Constantine and Dodson discovered a plan to unleash Hell on Earth. Shia LaBeouf, Tilda Swinton, Pruitt Taylor Vince, and Djimon Hounsou had supporting roles while Peter Stormare memorably appeared as Lucifer.

Earlier this month, Lawrence told Collider that “we are closer than ever to being able to do a sequel, which is a great thing… We have gone through a bunch of the comics over the years and looked at things.” He added that Constantine 2 has been “in the back of our minds for 20 years and just kind of percolating on ideas, and stories and characters we love, and ideas we love.”

DC Studios has yet to formally announce Constantine 2. If it goes forward, it will remain separate from the newly rebooted DC Universe movies, which will begin with the premiere of James Gunn’s Superman on July 11.








Source link

━ more like this

Urgent warning over April cost crunch for small businesses – London Business News | Londonlovesbusiness.com

The Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) has issued a stark warning ahead of what it describes as an unprecedented “cost crunch” set to...

You’ll soon be able to use ChatGPT, Gemini, and Claude in Apple CarPlay

ChatGPT, Gemini, and Claude are coming to Apple CarPlay with iOS 26.4. Earlier reports suggested that Apple would soon open up its in-car...

This AI Tool Will Tell You to Stop Slacking Off

I've tested a lot of software tools over the years designed to block distractions and keep you focused. None of them work perfectly,...

Is Starmer about to make his 16th U-turn over the controversial Chagos deal? – London Business News | Londonlovesbusiness.com

Sir Keir Starmer is facing mounting political pressure after US President Donald Trump cast doubt on the Prime Minister’s controversial deal to hand...

You only have a few weeks left to enjoy Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile before it goes dark

Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile is nearly out of time. Activision says the servers shut down on April 17, 2026, and the game...
spot_img